Faculty & Staff
- All Theatre
Performance & Production
Graduate Teaching Assistant
Artist in Residence
- All Dance
Performance and Choreography
14 of 101 results
Showing ## Results
- Cassandra A AbateAbateCassandraAssociate ProfessorEmail: email@example.comOffice: THEA 205Phone: (512) 245-6844Biography and EducationCassie Abate is a Co-Head of the Musical Theatre Program. Cassie originally hails from Sarasota, FL and has spent the last 15 years working as a performer, director and choreographer in New York and throughout the country. Cassie received a BFA in Musical Theatre from The University of Miami and an...View Full Biography and Education for Cassandra A AbateResearch InterestsCassie is the author of The Art of Practice of Musical Theatre Choreography, published by Methuen Drama/Bloomsbury. She has directed and choreographed at theatres all over the country including 5 summer seasons at Connecticut Repertory Theatre, Utah Shakespeare Festival, Barrington Stage, ZACH...View Full Research Interests for Cassandra A Abate
- Jordan K AndrewsAndrewsJordanLecturerEmail: firstname.lastname@example.orgOffice: THEA 101Phone: (512) 245-6510
- Ana C BaerBaerAnaProfessorEmail: email@example.comOffice: JOW B178BPhone: (512) 245-6537Teaching Interestsdance
multidisciplineResearch InterestsCollaborative Arts Production
- Dr. Heather L BarfieldBarfieldHeatherEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hannah M Blalock ChoatBlalock ChoatHannahCutter/DraperEmail: email@example.comOffice: THEA 117A
- Linda Nenno BreiningBreiningLindaLecturerEmail: firstname.lastname@example.orgOffice: THEA 203Phone: (512) 245-2147Biography and EducationBorn in NYC, raised and educated in Colorado and then back to NYC for a career on Broadway. Passed through Los Angeles for a few years in the Television industry then to Austin, Texas where I direct and stage manage new plays and perform in Shakespeare and Sondheim musicals. I teach Voice and Diction...View Full Biography and Education for Linda Nenno BreiningResearch InterestsTheatre as a healing tool for individuals, communities and society
- Kaysie Seitz BrownBrownKaysieAssociate ProfessorEmail: email@example.comOffice: JOW 101Phone: (512) 245-2949Biography and EducationKaysie Seitz Brown is an educator, choreographer, and dancer based in Austin, TX and an Associate Professor in the Department of Theatre & Dance at Texas State University. She holds an MFA in Dance from Case Western University in Cleveland, OH and a Bachelor in Exercise and Sports Science from Texas...View Full Biography and Education for Kaysie Seitz BrownTeaching InterestsCreative Movement, Dance in the Community, Modern Dance TechniqueResearch InterestsCreative Engagement Methods for Youth
- Elizabeth A BuckleyBuckleyElizabethLecturerEmail: firstname.lastname@example.orgOffice: THEA 101Phone: (512) 245-2147Biography and EducationEmmy, Peabody and Gracie award-winning producer and writer Elizabeth (Betty) Buckley is a native Texan with over 25 years of experience in film, television, new media and animation.View Full Biography and Education for Elizabeth A Buckley
She has BFA in Broadcast-Film Arts from SMU, and studied in the Dramatic Writing Graduate Program at Texas State...Teaching InterestsProducing, writing, documentary filmmakingResearch InterestsDocumentary filmmaking, books and films for children and YA.
- Trad BurnsBurnsTradHe/Him/His/HimselfAssociate Professor of PracticeEmail: email@example.comOffice: THEA 101Phone: (512) 245-2147Biography and EducationTrad A Burns, Lighting DesignerView Full Biography and Education for Trad Burns
Trad has been designing scenery and lighting professionally since 1989 for theatre, dance, and amusement parks. Recent credits include the world premiere of Carmen, choreographed by Kenneth Tindal; Thrive, Choreographed by Ma Cong; What’s...
- Susan B BusaBusaSusanLecturerEmail: firstname.lastname@example.orgOffice: THEA 210Phone: (512) 245-2147Biography and EducationMFA 2000 The University of Texas at Austin,
Major: Writing (James A. Michener Fellow) Minor: History
Thesis: Feature screenplay - HOLLOW MACK
B.S 1982 The University of Texas at Austin. Major: Radio-TV-Film
- Dr. Kevin J ByrneByrneKevinLecturerEmail: email@example.comOffice: THEA 101Phone: (512) 245-2147Biography and EducationDr. Byrne has a PhD in Theatre Studies from the City Univeristy of New York, Graduate Center, a MA in Theatre from Northwestern University, and BAs in Theatre and English from the University of Wisconsin, Madison.Teaching Interests
Fine Arts, Popular Culture, Theatre History, Theatre Theory, African American DramaResearch InterestsContemporary US Performance, Representations of Race in Popular Culture.
- Julio CatanoCatanoJulioAsst Professor of PracticeEmail: firstname.lastname@example.orgOffice: THEA 101Phone: (512) 245-2147Biography and EducationJulio is the Head of Musical Theatre Dance. Native Spanish and fluent English speaker. He recieved his BFA in dance from The Ailey School/Fordham University and MFA in musical theatre from San Diego State University. He has spent the past 20 years as a performer, producer, director, choreographer and...View Full Biography and Education for Julio CatanoTeaching InterestsDance
History of Musical Theatre
Business of Theatre
Research InterestsTheatre Etiquette FROM the Arts Novice
Dissolving White Supremacy in Dance Curriculum
How to Engage Communities of Color through Theatre Arts
Equal Access to Arts Education in Lower Income Communities
- Rebekah A ChappellChappellRebekahEmail: email@example.com
- Denise M CochranCochranDeniseLecturerEmail: firstname.lastname@example.orgOffice: THEA 101Phone: (512) 245-2147
- Bethany L Corey-EkinCorey-EkinBethanyLecturerEmail: email@example.comOffice: THEA 204Phone: (512) 245-2147
- J Michael CostelloCostelloJProfessor EmeritusEmail: firstname.lastname@example.orgOffice: THEA 101Phone: (512) 245-2147
- Michelle H DahlenburgDahlenburgMichelleLecturerEmail: email@example.comOffice: THEA 101Phone: (512) 245-2147Biography and EducationAs a theatre artist, educator, and facilitator, Michelle Dahlenburg works at the intersection of art and community, civic, and social change. Michelle is the former Artistic Director of Conspire Theatre, where she created and facilitated theatre and creative writing programs for women during incarceration...View Full Biography and Education for Michelle H DahlenburgTeaching InterestsAudio Storytelling
Applied TheatreResearch InterestsAudio Storytelling
- Tom DelbelloDelbelloThomasThey/Them/Theirs/ThemselvesLecturerEmail: firstname.lastname@example.orgOffice: THEA 101Phone: (512) 245-2147Biography and EducationTom is a Co-head of Musical Theatre: Head of Production and New Works. They hold a Masters in Directing from Texas State University. At TXST, Tom has directed Spring Awakening, Guys & Dolls, Cabaret, Hair, Speech and Debate, the New Musical workshop of Dylan Spencer’s Cat Obedience School, and many other...View Full Biography and Education for Tom DelbelloTeaching InterestsAs a multidisciplinary theatre-educator, he encourages students to use theatre as a tool to question and reveal the complex emotions surrounding identity, generational gaps, race, and class.Research InterestsPete & James - Development of a new musical. Selected as Semifinalist National Musical theatre Conference for 2023 - Moving to Finals April 2023. Director and Co-Producer - Selected and hosted by Theatre 4the People to complete a 10 day workshop at “The Barn” Summer 2022. Selected to have a second workshop...View Full Research Interests for Tom Delbello
- Cheri DeVolDeVolCheriShe/Her/Hers/HerselfAssociate ProfessorEmail: email@example.comOffice: THEA 101Phone: (512) 245-3577Biography and EducationCheri Prough DeVol is an American scenic and lighting designer who employs theatrical forms to synthesize her passion for music, storytelling, truth, and beauty. Inspired by both physical and metaphorical action in the source material, she creates sculptural forms that evoke emotion and provoke...View Full Biography and Education for Cheri DeVolTeaching InterestsScenic and Lighting Design, Collaboration, Digital Rendering, DraftingResearch InterestsScenicm, Lighting, and Projection Design for live events, Material Culture
- Hayat M DominguezDominguezHayatLecturerEmail: firstname.lastname@example.orgOffice: PERF 203APhone: (512) 245-2147
- Kary L DriesseDriesseKaryEmail: email@example.com
- Lesley FairmanFairmanLesleySenior LecturerEmail: firstname.lastname@example.orgOffice: THEA 101Phone: (512) 245-2147
- Roxanne S GageGageRoxanneLecturerEmail: email@example.comOffice: THEA 101Phone: (512) 245-2147
- Dr. Kevin T GatesGatesKevinLecturerEmail: firstname.lastname@example.orgOffice: THEA 101Phone: (512) 245-2147Biography and EducationKevin Gates holds an MA in Theatre from Texas State and a JD from the University of Houston Law Center.
- Babs GeorgeGeorgeBabettaLecturerEmail: email@example.comOffice: THEA 101Phone: (512) 245-2147Biography and EducationMs. George is a professional actress and has been a member of SAG/AFTRA and AEA for 35 years. She hails from Albuquerque, NM and began her acting career after graduating Magna Cum Laude from The University of Utah in Theatre with a Performance emphasis. After working and teaching for many years, she...View Full Biography and Education for Babs GeorgeTeaching InterestsShakespeare
Comedy of Manners
Realism with an eye to "presence", accessing creativity, intuition and imagination.
- Monica Pasut GibsonGibsonMonicaLecturerEmail: firstname.lastname@example.orgOffice: THEA 101Phone: (512) 245-2147
- Kenya J GillespieGillespieKenyaLecturerEmail: email@example.comOffice: THEA 101Phone: (512) 245-2147Biography and EducationKenya Gillespie is a Japanese American filmmaker and composer based in Austin, TX. His narrative short film JEREMIAH received its international premiere at the 2019 Cannes Film Festival (Cinéfondation) where it was nominated for the short film Queer Palm. It won Best Score at the Brooklyn Horror Film...View Full Biography and Education for Kenya J Gillespie
- Kate Glasheen-DentinoGlasheen-DentinoKathrynAssociate ProfessorEmail: firstname.lastname@example.orgOffice: THEA 101Phone: (512) 245-2053Biography and EducationKate Glasheen is an actor, voiceover artist, dialect coach, and voice & speech specialist. She teaches vocal health and production, verse and scansion, text analysis, the International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA), and dialects. Professionally, she has coached at major regional theaters including the Tony...View Full Biography and Education for Kate Glasheen-DentinoResearch Interests-Using acting pedagogy to teach empathy across multiple disciplines.View Full Research Interests for Kate Glasheen-Dentino
-Investigating the differences in breathing requirements for
singing and dance and creating a technique which bridges the "breath gap" for musical theatre performers.
-Semiotic significance of stage dialects within a production.
- Brandon I GonzalezGonzalezBrandonLecturerEmail: email@example.comOffice: THEA 101Phone: (512) 245-2147Biography and EducationBrandon Gonzalez holds a BFA in Sculpture and an MFA in Interdisciplinary Dramatic Arts where he worked between the fields of visual arts, choreography, and performance. His investigations of the body as a resource for artistic practice led him to develop works across a variety of artistic mediums. Currently,...View Full Biography and Education for Brandon I Gonzalez
- Shay L HartungHartungShayLecturerEmail: firstname.lastname@example.orgOffice: JOW 142Phone: (512) 245-2147
- Cathy J HawesHawesCathyLecturerEmail: email@example.comOffice: JOW A116Phone: (512) 245-2561
- Yesenia HerringtonHerringtonYeseniaLecturerEmail: firstname.lastname@example.orgOffice: THEA 101Phone: (512) 245-2147
- Kaitlin HopkinsHopkinsKaitlinProfessor of PracticeEmail: email@example.comOffice: THEA 217Phone: (512) 245-6841Biography and EducationKaitlin Hopkins is an award-winning actress, director, producer, and educator and has performed on and off Broadway, on national and international tours, and in film and television for more than 30 years.View Full Biography and Education for Kaitlin Hopkins
In 2009, she created BFA musical theatre program at Texas State University ranked in the...Teaching InterestsMusical Theatre Performance and Auditioning, Business of the Business, Acting, College Audition Prep, Vocal Health, Mental Wellness for performersResearch InterestsMental Wellness for performing artists
- Torens L JohnsonJohnsonTorensAssistant ProfessorEmail: firstname.lastname@example.orgOffice: JOW B178APhone: (512) 245-2949
- Lauren JurgemeyerJurgemeyerLaurenPublicity and Recruitment CoordinatorEmail: email@example.comOffice: THEA 101DPhone: (512) 245-1543
- Taniel M KilajianKilajianTanielLecturerEmail: firstname.lastname@example.orgOffice: THEA 101Phone: (512) 245-2147Biography and EducationTaniel Kilajian is an Armenian-American independent filmmaker that experiments in both fiction and documentary mediums. Throughout his career, Taniel’s stories have often explored individuals that exist off the beaten path as well as the rich complexity of everyday life. His films have screened and won...View Full Biography and Education for Taniel M Kilajian
- Austin KimbleKimbleAustinLecturerEmail: email@example.comOffice: THEA 213Phone: (512) 245-2147Biography and EducationAustin Kimble is an award-winning music director, pianist, actor, and educator and has worked in regional theaters and with international and national tours in multiple disciplines. He accepted a full-time position as Lecturer and Associate Music Director with the BFA in Musical Theatre program at Texas...View Full Biography and Education for Austin KimbleTeaching InterestsMusical Theatre Performance, Audition Technique, Music Theory, Jazz Improvisation, College Audition Preparation, Voice, Piano, Trumpet, Music Pedagogy
- Lynzy LabLabLindsayLecturerEmail: firstname.lastname@example.orgOffice: THEA 101Phone: (512) 245-2147
- Laura LaneLaneLauraProfessorEmail: email@example.comOffice: THEA 101Phone: (512) 245-2147Biography and EducationLauren Lane Head of ActingView Full Biography and Education for Laura Lane
In her ten years in Los Angeles, Lauren Lane starred in three award winning television series; The Nanny, L.A. Law and Hunter. Winning the LA Critics award, Austin Critics Circle award and multiple B Iden Payne awards represent the critical acclaim of her extensive and continuing...Teaching InterestsSix weeks after moving to Los Angeles, I walked out of an audition room and was told that I had earned the lead female role in a very successful detective series. It was my first television audition after grad school and now would be my first lead role on television. The thrill of that moment is what...View Full Teaching Interests for Laura LaneResearch InterestsTraining highly vetted BFA acting students to work as professional actors across production platforms. Achieving a level of professional confidence and craft in a four-year BFA liberal arts degree that equals an MFA level degree. By means of a rigorous, sequential curriculum taught by industry professionals...View Full Research Interests for Laura Lane
- Benjamin B LangenkampLangenkampBenjaminEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Huay-Bing LawLawHuay-BingLecturerEmail: email@example.comOffice: THEA 101Phone: (512) 245-2147Biography and EducationHuay-Bing Law is a director and cinematographer whose films have earned an HBO APA Visionary Award, Princess Grace Award, and played in festivals worldwide. His latest directorial film, JUNE, about a Chinese immigrant’s experience in the segregated South, premiered on HBO. His work as a cinematographer...View Full Biography and Education for Huay-Bing Law
- Nicholas S LawsonLawsonNicholasLecturerEmail: firstname.lastname@example.orgOffice: THEA 101Phone: (512) 245-2147
- Eugene S LeeLeeEugeneProgram FacultyEmail: email@example.comOffice: THEA 101Phone: (512) 245-2147Research InterestsDramaturgical research.
- Clayton C LifordLifordClaytonLecturerEmail: firstname.lastname@example.orgOffice: THEA 101Phone: (512) 245-2147
- Sarah MainesMainesSarahChair - ProfessorEmail: email@example.comOffice: THEA 101Phone: (512) 245-3660Biography and EducationProfessor Maines has been the Chair of the Department of Theatre and Dance since 2020. She specializes in theatrical lighting design and is the recipient of the National Partners in American Theatre Mentor Award from the Kennedy Center American College Theatre Festival as well as Presidential Distinction...View Full Biography and Education for Sarah MainesTeaching InterestsDesign for Live Entertainment
Collaborative ArtResearch InterestsDesign for Live Entertainment
- Michael MarescaMarescaRichardLecturerEmail: firstname.lastname@example.orgOffice: PERF 109Phone: (512) 245-7386Biography and EducationSome say he’s the messenger of the “Good News” to the world of singing. Having taught tens of thousands of vocalists across the globe in the last 20yrs, the creator of “One Voice” has heard a lot of voices. “Can’t sing high, can’t sing low, can’t sing loud, can’t vibrato, can’t control…" he’s heard it...View Full Biography and Education for Michael MarescaTeaching InterestsFaculty: Lead Voice Faculty for the Musical Theatre Program at Texas State University, The Performing Arts Project, Nexus, Broadway Theatre Project, and the Tennessee Arts Academy.View Full Teaching Interests for Michael Maresca
Masterclasses & Talks: TEDx Texas State University, Arte’ Studio Mexico City, Susan Mascall Summer...
- Dianne S MarksMarksDianneLecturerEmail: email@example.comOffice: THEA 101Phone: (512) 245-2147
- Dwight L MarkusMarkusDwightTheatre Shop SupvEmail: firstname.lastname@example.orgOffice: PERF 207APhone: (512) 245-6569
- Dr. Ana L MartinezMartinezAnaAssistant ProfessorEmail: email@example.comOffice: THEA 101Phone: (512) 245-2147Biography and EducationView Full Biography and Education for Dr. Ana L Martinez
Dr. Ana Martínez is a theatre scholar and performance designer. She holds a doctoral degree in Theatre Studies from the City University of New York, an MA in Scenography from Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design in London, and an Architecture degree from Universidad Anahuac in Mexico.
- Johnny McAllisterMcAllisterJohnAssistant ProfessorEmail: firstname.lastname@example.orgOffice: THEA 101Phone: (512) 245-3528Biography and EducationJohnny McAllister (Co-Writer, Executive Producer) is a filmmaker and writer from Donegal, Ireland. He has written and produced films that have screened at international festivals including Cannes, Sundance and SXSW. Raised in the Middle East and North Africa, McAllister pulls from a wide cultural spectrum...View Full Biography and Education for Johnny McAllisterTeaching InterestsFilm Production
ScreenwritingResearch InterestsNew Technology in Cinema
Emerging Narrative Forms
- Amanda R McCorkleMcCorkleAmandaLecturerEmail: email@example.comOffice: JOW B178Phone: (512) 245-2949Biography and EducationAmanda McCorkle, MFA, is an award-winning choreographer, performer and teacher from Austin, Texas. She holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Dance from Texas State University, and a Master of Fine Arts degree in Dance from Texas Woman’s University.View Full Biography and Education for Amanda R McCorkle
Amanda has performed the works of talented choreographers...
- Anne C McMeekingMcMeekingAnneLecturerEmail: firstname.lastname@example.orgOffice: PERF 207BPhone: (512) 245-6730Biography and EducationHailing from southern California, Anne grew up in a household of artists and engineers. Throughout her professional career Anne has worked in many production positions, from scenic & lighting design to stage management, scenic painting, media design, carpentry, props and backstage crew work. Anne received...View Full Biography and Education for Anne C McMeekingTeaching InterestsPainting, Design, Color Theory and Illustration.Research InterestsArts Therapy, Community Arts, Veterans Affairs.
- Tobie S MinorMinorTobieLecturerEmail: email@example.comOffice: THEA 101Phone: (512) 245-2147
- Samuel G MohneyMohneySamuelLecturerEmail: firstname.lastname@example.orgOffice: THEA 101Phone: (512) 245-2147
- Megan L MossMossMeganLecturerEmail: email@example.comOffice: THEA 101Phone: (512) 245-2147
- Nadine MozonMozonNadineAssociate ProfessorEmail: firstname.lastname@example.orgOffice: THEA 120Phone: (512) 245-0579
- MacKenzie MulliganMulliganMacKenzieEmail: email@example.com
- Michelle E NanceNanceMichelleProfessorEmail: firstname.lastname@example.orgOffice: JOW 178Phone: (512) 245-2955Biography and EducationMichelle Nance, Professor and Director of Dance at Texas State University, has enjoyed many years of devising dance works collaboratively with colleagues and students; as well as performing in the U.S. and abroad. Michelle has studied and taught the technique of Erick Hawkins extensively, and served...View Full Biography and Education for Michelle E NanceTeaching Interestsdance appreciation, dance composition/choreography, improvisation, modern technique, world dance, dance history/philosophyResearch Interestsdance advocacy, aesthetics, somatics practices, world dance
- Dr. Charles NeyNeyCharlesProfessor EmeritusEmail: email@example.comOffice: THEA 101Phone: (512) 245-2147
- Michelle NeyNeyMichelleProfessorEmail: firstname.lastname@example.orgOffice: THEA 112Phone: (512) 245-2147Biography and EducationMichelle Ney has designed scenery and costumes for numerous theatre and opera companies, including ZACH Theatre, The Colony Theatre and The Theatre at Boston Court (Los Angeles), Illinois Shakespeare Festival, Texas Shakespeare Festival, Idaho Repertory Theatre, Austin Shakespeare, and Austin Lyric Opera....View Full Biography and Education for Michelle Ney
- Christa J OliverOliverChristaAsst Professor of PracticeEmail: email@example.comOffice: JOW B178APhone: (512) 245-2949Biography and EducationChrista Oliver is an educator, activist, dancer, choreographer, and an Assistant Professor of Practice in the Department of Theatre and Dance at Texas State University. She received a Professional Diploma in Dance Studies and a Master of the Arts degree in Dance Performance from Trinity Laban Conservatoire...View Full Biography and Education for Christa J Oliver
- Jackson PerrinPerrinJacksonLecturerEmail: firstname.lastname@example.orgOffice: PERF 309Phone: (512) 245-2147Biography and EducationJackson is a performer, singer-songwriter, and vocal coach on faculty for Texas State University’s Musical Theater program. Since attending Texas State for Musical Theater Jackson received his certification and master certification in One Voice and has taught privately for nine years. He’s helped hundreds...View Full Biography and Education for Jackson Perrin
- Bryan K PoyserPoyserBryanLecturerEmail: email@example.comOffice: THEA 101Phone: (512) 245-2147Biography and EducationBachelor of Science, University of Texas-Austin, Radio-TV-Film, 1996
- Aimee C RadicsRadicsAimeeProgram FacultyEmail: firstname.lastname@example.orgOffice: THEA 213Phone: (512) 245-2147Biography and EducationAimee Radics (she/her) is a music director, conductor, pianist and educator currently serving as Head of Music Direction for the BFA Musical Theatre Program at Texas State University. She teaches Singing for the Actor, a musical theatre performance course, and teaches collaboratively as in-class...View Full Biography and Education for Aimee C Radics
- Jennifer RichardsRichardsJenniferAdministrative Assistant IIEmail: email@example.comOffice: THEA 101Phone: 512-245-7964
- Shannon L RicheyRicheyShannonLecturerEmail: firstname.lastname@example.orgOffice: THEA 101Phone: (512) 245-2147
- Richard M RobichauxRobichauxRichardLecturerEmail: email@example.comOffice: THEA 101Phone: (512) 245-2147
- Melissa Dawn RodriguezRodriguezMelissaLecturerEmail: firstname.lastname@example.orgOffice: 430 Moon St., San Marcos, TX 78666 (Theatre Building) N/ABiography and EducationMelissa started in theatre at a young age in school and community theatre, and she began to pursue it seriously in undergraduate school at Troy University. After taking some time to pursue work in film and television, Melissa attended Texas State University and earned a Master of Arts Degree in Theatre...View Full Biography and Education for Melissa Dawn RodriguezTeaching InterestsArts and Theatre and the Appreciation of these areas.Research InterestsWomen's issues and themes in theatre and film, Portrayal of military members and families and the lives of military families, Shakespeare
- Jerry RuizRuizGerardoAssistant ProfessorEmail: email@example.comOffice: THEA 101Phone: (512) 245-2147Biography and EducationUpon graduating from UC-San Diego with an MFA in Directing, moved to NYC and launched a successful career as a stage director specializing in developing new plays, directing world premieres at noted off-Broadway and regional theaters such as Second Stage Theater, Primary Stages, Denver Center Theater...View Full Biography and Education for Jerry Ruiz
- Sidney L Rushing Jr.RushingSidneyLecturerEmail: firstname.lastname@example.orgOffice: THEA 101Phone: (512) 245-3838Biography and EducationSyd has penned various stage productions in both Chicago, Texas and Los Angeles. He also wrote and performed his one man show Brother’s Tellin’ which opened for Lily Tomlin’s show, The Search for Signs of Intelligent Life in the Universe in Los Angeles. Syd was then selected for the Mark...View Full Biography and Education for Sidney L Rushing Jr.Teaching InterestsPulitzer Prize winning plays
August Wilson cannon
Styles of Theatre, Naturalism, Surrealism, Realism, Absurd
Creating Dynamic Stories
Screenplays across the CenturyResearch InterestsHoward University selected speaker August Wilson's Traditional/Non Traditional CastingView Full Research Interests for Sidney L Rushing Jr.
Native American Spirituality
African Diaspora Cause and Effects
US Education Trends
Curriculum k- 12, to College - Best Practices for Learning
AVID Prep Curriculum
- Colin ShayShayColinAssistant ProfessorEmail: email@example.comOffice: THEA 101Phone: (512) 245-2147Biography and EducationColin is the Assistant Professor of Technical Production at Texas State University where he serves as the Technical Director for the University. Originally from Indianapolis, he holds a Bachelor of Science in Recording Arts from Indiana University’s Jacobs School of Music as well as a Masters of Fine...View Full Biography and Education for Colin ShayTeaching InterestsTheatrical Rigging, Theatrical Welding, Theatrical Automation, and Stagecraft.Research InterestsRepertory Theatre Practices, and Theatrical Automation.
- Vlasta L SilhavySilhavyVlastaSenior LecturerEmail: firstname.lastname@example.orgOffice: THEA 101Phone: (512) 245-9042
- Annie SilversteinSilversteinAnnaAssistant ProfessorEmail: email@example.comOffice: THEA 101Phone: (512) 245-2147
- Jack A SmithSmithJackAssociate ProfessorEmail: firstname.lastname@example.orgOffice: THEA 101Phone: (512) 245-2147Biography and EducationJack Smith is a costume designer for Theater, Musical Theater and Dance as well as a teacher and costume historian. His career has spanned from educational theater to regional theaters around the United States. As a costume designer he loves discovering the intimate details of a character and collaborating...View Full Biography and Education for Jack A SmithTeaching InterestsCostume Design, Costume History, Costume Construction and Costume Crafts.Research InterestsThe intersection of fashion and politics in the court of Louis XVI & Marie Antoinette. Also the general patterning and construction techniques used in the construction of clothing the 18th and 19th centuries.
- LeAnne SmithSmithLeAnneProfessor EmeritusEmail: email@example.comOffice: THEA 101Phone: (512) 245-2147
- Lori Beth SmithSmithLori BethAdministrative Assistant IIIEmail: firstname.lastname@example.orgOffice: THEA 101Phone: (512) 245-1450
- Neil P StewartStewartNeilAsst Professor of PracticeEmail: email@example.comPhone: (512) 245-2204Biography and EducationNeil Patrick Stewart is a proud member of the acting faculty at Texas State, as well as an actor, writer, and decorated director. He holds an M.F.A. in acting from the world-renowned American Repertory Theatre/Moscow Art Theatre Institute for Advanced Theatre Training (A.R.T.) at Harvard University,...View Full Biography and Education for Neil P Stewart
- Caitlin E TurnageTurnageCaitlinLecturerEmail: firstname.lastname@example.orgOffice: THEA 101Phone: (512) 245-2147Biography and EducationCaitlin Turnage holds a B.F.A in Playwriting and Dramaturgy from the University of Houston and an M.F.A. in Theatre from Texas State University. She's a co-founder of Ignition Theatre Productions a student run group operating out of the University of Houston. Her play "It's a fine day for a picnic" was...View Full Biography and Education for Caitlin E TurnageTeaching InterestsPlaywriting, Dramaturgy, Script AnalysisResearch InterestsWomen in Theatre, Religion in Theatre, Gender Studies in Theatre
- Scott P VandenbergVandenbergScottLecturerEmail: email@example.comOffice: JOW B178APhone: (512) 245-2949Teaching InterestsDance Production, Stage Lighting, Lighting Design for Dance, Projection Design, Lighting Console Programming, Collaboration TechniquesResearch InterestsCollaboration, Lighting and Projection technology, Dance Lighting Technology, Multimedia Technology, Projection and Video Technology, Lighting History
- Shae WainwrightWainwrightShaeAdministrative Asst IIEmail: firstname.lastname@example.orgPhone: (512) 245-2147
- Nicole L WesleyWesleyNicoleCoord, Extd Lrng SrvcsEmail: email@example.comOffice: ASBN 308Phone: (512) 245-7139Biography and EducationNicole Wesley, MFA, CLMAView Full Biography and Education for Nicole L Wesley
Nicole Wesley is an educator based out of Austin, Texas and is currently an Associate Professor of Dance and Head of the BFA in Teaching Certification at Texas State University. She received an MFA in Dance from Texas Woman’s University and a BFA in Dance from The University...Teaching InterestsLaban Movement Analysis (LMA) as a methodology in the realm of technical training and performance process.Research InterestsNicole’s research interests include community building through authentic performance (The JUSTICE Project) and interdisciplinary pedagogical and artistic approaches to art-making.
- Yong S YooYooYongAssistant ProfessorEmail: firstname.lastname@example.orgOffice: THEA 202Phone: (512) 245-2147Biography and EducationYong Suk Yoo (director) is an international director and theatre educator who focuses on interdisciplinary work and the integration of technology into the performing arts. His experimental work includes multimedia theatre production of When Spring Comes to Hills and Dales, Oedipus the...View Full Biography and Education for Yong S YooTeaching InterestsTheater Directing; Performance Devising; Play Production Practicum; Auditioning for Actors; Stage Acting; Advanced Scene Study; Script Analysis; Transforming Text; Object and Puppet Theater; Material Performance; Conceptual Design; Introduction to the Theater; Experimental Theater; Western Theater History;...View Full Teaching Interests for Yong S Yoo