Next Steps After Acceptance

Next Steps

Congratulations on your acceptance to Texas State University and welcome to the Bobcat Family! There are a few more steps you must take to officially start your journey as a Texas State student.

Are you an admitted International Student? If so, review our International Student checklist.



New Student Orientation (NSO) is where your student life begins at Texas State, and it is required of all new students and former students returning after more than one semester away. During NSO, you'll learn more about Texas State's resources, student support services, and everything you need to know to be successful at Texas State. After completing NSO, you'll connect with an academic advisor and register for classes.


Admitted for Fall: sign up opens in the spring



State law (Texas Education Code §51.9192) requires students under 22 years of age to provide proof of bacterial meningitis vaccination prior to attending classes at a public, private, or independent institution of higher education in Texas. Texas State University requires you to meet this requirement before you will be allowed to register for classes and contracts with Magnus Health Technology, Inc. to collect and verify your medical documentation or exemptions. Students subject to the bacterial meningitis requirement will receive an email from Magnus Health SMR with instructions.



Whether you're finishing high school or attending classes at another university or community college, we'll need an official transcript showing your final grades. Transcripts are considered official if received in an envelope sealed by the school or through an approved electronic transcript service (Naviance, Parchment, TREX, etc.). High school transcripts will also be accepted by email from a school official. Once you've completed course work, have an official copy of your transcript sent to us.



The Texas Success Initiative (TSI) is a state-legislated program to improve student success in college. Students entering Texas State as new first-year students or as new transfer students will need to demonstrate college readiness. TSI at Texas State is ready to guide you through the process of meeting this requirement.

We strongly recommend you complete this requirement BEFORE you attend NSO.


NOTE: Monies over $1,000 qualify for in-state tuition.  Monies and Tuition waivers will be awarded during the summer.


*Highly Recommended


Scholarships, grants and loans help many Bobcats make higher education a reality. Start on your financial aid and scholarship applications early so you don’t miss any opportunities.


To apply for federal, state and university aid, submit your FAFSA – the Free Application for Federal Student Aid.


Scholarship funds can be a great opportunity to boost your available college funding. Be sure to investigate your scholarship options and submit an application through the Bobcat Online Scholarship System (BOSS). Scholarship deadlines vary, so be sure to contact Financial Aid and Scholarships for more details.


August 1 - Scholarship application is available online
December 15 - Freshman Competitive Scholarship deadline
March 1 - Transfer and Continuing Scholarship Application deadlines.
(Students must also be admitted by their respective deadline to be eligible for consideration.)


Additional Steps for Admitted Students

  • Whether or not you qualify as a Texas Resident for tuition purposes will determine the rate you are charged for tuition (in-state or out-of-state). You can confirm you residency status by logging in to CatsWeb. Students are responsible for ensuring residency information is accurate and any corrections are made to their classification before the census date (normally the 12th day of classes for the spring and fall semesters and the 4th day for summer terms).

    If you have concerns or need additional information, see Residency & Cost of Attendance.

  • If you submitted official transcripts of course work completed at other colleges or universities and want to see how your credits will transfer to Texas State, you may view your articulated course work using our Transfer Course Equivalency System. If you have questions about the course work evaluations, please contact us.