Bachelor of Fine Arts in Theatre, Teacher Certification
I am not a teacher, but an awakener. –Robert Frost
Our rigorous curriculum covers every aspect of theatre performance and production, provides a solid foundation in theatre history and analysis, offers a broad exposure to process drama, including thorough coverage of pedagogy and education theory, and features extensive classroom experience at the high school, middle school, and/or elementary levels.
Texas State University offers BFA Certification majors the unique experience to participate in a wide variety of professional development opportunities that will help cultivate skills necessary as a future theatre educator.
- Attend Texas Educational Theatre Association Theatrefest
- Host the Texas State Theatre Education Conference
- Direct at the Texas State High School Theatre Camp
- Host a Children’s Kiddie Camp
- Community Service Projects
- Attend Master classes and workshops with guest directors and educators